Only a few days remain before we enter the sacred month of Thu al-Qa’dah. It is also known as a month of the Pilgrimage (`Ashur al-Hajj). Three of the four Umrahs that the Messenger of Allah (sallalahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) performed were in this month. They are:
· Umrah of Hudaybiyah (6th year)
· Umrah al-Qada` (7th year)
· Umrah al-Ja’ranah (8th year)
The final Umrah was performed with the farewell Hajj (10th year). Reward for good deeds performed in the Sacred months are multiplied and sins during this month are considered to be even more severe. Let us look at some of the rewards of performing Umrah:
· It is a means of forgiveness.
· Honor, as the person is considered to be a ‘guest of Allah’.
· Keeps poverty away.
· Increase in reward and status is increased.
· Separate reward on money spent.
· Umrah performed in Ramadan is equal (in terms of reward) to Hajj with the Messenger of Allah (sallalahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) (Bukhari)