Dul-Hijjah dawns upon us
May the blessed month of Dhul Hijjah dawn upon all of humanity with the spirit and morale of compassion, love and peace. May the pilgrims have safe travels and may their Hajj and our prescribed rituals and sacrifices be accepted.
Below is a list of ten things one should subscribe to during the most virtuous 10 days of the year which began on Saturday, Sept 3rd:
1. Repent to Allah
2. Fast throughout the first nine days, particularly on the 9th of Dhul-Hijja, the day of Arafah
3.Offer some optional night prayers
4. Read the Seerah or life story of the Prophet Ibrahim, peace be upon him
5. Learn about the rulings of Animal sacrifice
6. Make arrangements for your Sacrifice (if financially feasible)
7.For those who intend to offer a sacrifice, it is desirable (Mustahab) that one refrains from clipping any nails and hair until the sacrifice is complete
8. Engage in the additional remembrance of Allah (Subhanallah, Alhmadulillah, Allahu Akbar etc)
9. Reciting the Takbir Tashriq after every Fard Salah from the Fajr of the 9th till (including) the Asr of the 13th of Dhul Hijjah ( Total of 23 prayers)
(Fajr of Sun Sept 11 to Asr of Thurs sept 15.
10. Give some optional charity.