In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
Only a few days and nights left in Ramadan. May Allah allow us to make the best of it and bless us all with His forgiveness, mercy and acceptance (ameen).
Zakat al-Fitr has been set at the Masjid as $10/ per person.
The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu ‘alayhi wa Salam) deemed Zakat al-Fitr obligatory upon Muslims as a means of purifying the fasting person from idle talk and foul language and also to feed the poor. Whoever offers it before the ('Eid) prayer will have it accepted as Zakah, and whoever pays it after the prayer, it will count as a form of charity.” [Abu Dawood)
In sha Allah On June 3rd, 2019 Council of Imams of Ottawa-Gatineau will release an announcement of the day of Eid.
Some of the Sunnahs and etiquettes of the Eid are:
• Takbeer (saying Allahu Akbar- Allah is the greatest)
The time for takbeer on Eid al-Fitr starts from the night before Eid until the imam enters to lead the Eid prayer.
• Doing ghusl (taking a bath) before going out to the Eid prayer, using Miswak (toothstick) and men will apply scent and adorn themselves with their best clothes.
• Eating before going out to pray. Preferably eating dates in an odd number.
• Going to the prayer by one route and returning by another.
• Offering congratulations.
Taqabbala Allaah minna wa minkum (May Allaah accept (good deeds) from us and from you” or “Eid mubaarak” and other permissible expressions of congratulations.
May Allah bless the remaining of our Ramadan and grant all a blessed and enjoyable Eid!